Friday, January 10, 2014

Starburst Quilt

 I decided to make quilts for my mom and mother in law for Christmas. I started planning around July and figured I'd have plenty of time to get them both done. Ha! Procrastination is my specialty. Luckily I was able to finish this one in time to get it to my mother in law before Christmas.

The pattern is Starburst from Happy Quilting.  It ended up being about 57" x 57".  This is the biggest size quilt I have quilted so far.

I did have a few problems with skipped stiches and thread breakage. My machine worked great until I took it in to have it cleaned and serviced. Of course when I took it back in they didn't have any problems with it. Doesn't it always happen that way though. I did manage to get it done anyway, just took a little longer.

 There is always a bit of fear that my marking lines won't come out in the wash, but thankfully they did. It was great to see it all finished.  I am pretty happy with how it all turned out in the end.





 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment