Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wedding Quilt #1

This one is for one of our nieces.  Her wedding colors were champagne tan and blush pink. My pink ended up a little brighter than I was hoping but finding just the right pink wasn't in the cards for this quilt. 
 
I went with the geometric slide pattern found in Vintage Quilt Revival.  What a fun book full of great patterns.
 
 Since such a large part of the quilt is background I wanted something more than just a solid color. I used a Moda grunge basic in tan.  I love how it looks, and I think it works well with the backing fabric, since it also has a grunge feel to it.
 
 
The backing is from Frances Newcombe's Cherie line. I ended up just doing a single fabric for the back as I was getting short on time. 
 I quilted an all over flower pattern in pink thread.  It was a fun pattern to quilt and gave it a great texture, I will have to keep it in mind for another project.
 
 
I think the binding is my favorite part.  I went with a stripe on the suggestion of an employee at a local quilt shop.  I love it.  It adds a fun feel to the quilt.
And for the final touch I added a corner quilt label with their names and wedding date, and also who it was from. Just in case they forget in fifty years or so.  =)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment