Friday, January 2, 2015

Wedding Quilt #2

The second wedding quilt is for another of our nieces.  It was a big year for weddings in our family.  There is also a third niece that got married this year.  I haven't finished that quilt yet, but I will soon. 
 

For this one I found a picture of a rug on pinterest that I used for inspiration.  Her wedding colors were navy and light peach.  I added the tan and cream based on the rug colors.  I followed this pattern here  for the size and putting the quilt top together.

 
For the back I used a print from Leah Duncan's Meadow line.  It is a beautiful print in person.  I also had a lot of half square triangles left over from the quilt top so I added those in. 
 

The quilting was pretty fun. I just did a meandering daisy pattern.  It quilted up pretty quick and left the quilt with a softer feel.  I added a corner label like on the other wedding quilt.  I really like how the corner labels look and I can just add them in when I sew on the binding.


I really love how this quilt turned out.  I told my husband I was tempted to keep for myself. =)
Only one more wedding quilt to go, for now.  Who knows what this next year will bring.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment