Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A finish, but still a WIP

I finished! Well almost.  I have the quilt top all pieced. The baste, quilting, and binding will be put on hold for awhile until I figure out how to get my machine to FMQ again.  Maybe I should just get a new machine. =) 

Here it is.  My finished book quilt top.  I used this tutorial from Happy Quilting over at the Moda Bake
Shop.  I love it!  And it stopped raining just in time for the pictures.


I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.  Come check it out.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love all the book quilts that are popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that quilt is ridiculously cute! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a teaser! will the back fill in the phrase at all? this would be great two sided with an eye spy on the back or just a collage of character prints. hope you get your machine operating soon so you can get a full finish on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Once Upon a Time quilt gives me an idea... I used to read to my grand daughter and I'd always have an afghan that was made for me as a baby gift for my first child and I have saved it since for all the grand kids...just a baby size. But she'd call it the reading blanket to cover her legs on the "reading couch". I need to make a quilt with the books like yours and make a new reading blanket since they don't come to my house anymore! I can take it with me to their house with a few books in a "nanny bag". Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very fun -- my daughter loves books so I'm pretty sure we're going to have something like this in the works some day very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I recently did this quilt but used solids and did a Harry Potter quote for the words. It was awesome. I love yours because it looks so much like the original. Melissa is really quite a talented designer.

    ReplyDelete