Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Still in Progress

Ever get the feeling that your just not supposed to finish a project. I'm beginning to wonder with my Jungle quilt. I just start thinking I'm so close and I have to stop and fix something. (sigh). 

Well it's still a work in progress. All that needs done it stitching on the binding. Hopefully I will be able to do that with out too many more hiccups along the way. 


I have the two totes almost done. I just need to fix the lining in the flower one and then top stitch around the top. I decided to quilt the outer and didn't think about it making it smaller so the lining ended up being just a bit big. It turned out pretty cute otherwise. I'm thinking maybe a Mother's Day gift. 


 The chevron tote is just about finished also. I just need to add the interfacing and stitch it all up. I love the purple chevrons. I might have to pick up more of that fabric.


I'll be linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday again. Check it out!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. your jungle quilt is SOOOO CUTE! (but i feel your pain . . .i'm always having to fix stuff along the way!) i think your flower tote would be perfect for my mom :) what pattern did you use or did you come up with it all on your own? . .and i'm always a fan of chevron! - lots of fun stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I came up with the pattern, kind of. =) I just decided what size I wanted it, and then put it together as a basic tote. I went off the tutorial on Diary of a Quilter for her fat quater totes, just made it bigger.

      Delete
  2. I really like your Marmalade bag. It's so cute. And the jungle quilt is adorable. I have had my fair share of projects like that-the ones that seem like they will never end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes for some reason this quilt feels like it is taking forever. And for some reason I think I need to finish one before starting on another.=) Might have to rethink that plan in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric you selected is so beautiful together! Love the bags and the quilt, even if it is not finished, yet! :-)
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt DOT wordpress DOT com
    esthersipatchandquilt AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was able to make some good progress on it today. Hopefully I will get it finished up by tomorrow.

      Delete